Thursday, October 21, 2010

Giving Thanks

I know it's a little early in the season, but I was inspired by this post to start trying to be more conscious of all the blessings in my life.

As anyone whose been around me recently knows, I've been in a funk. I assume it was precipitated by Al's injury and subsequent (ongoing) convalescence, just when I was starting to think that we would be able to emerge from the fog and chaos of moving/construction (torn achilles tendon, in case you missed it). It's weird for me to be in a funk this time of year though as they usually correspond with the worst weather in Philly (February and August).

The fall is my favorite time of year though, and the colder weather brings with it new energy for my craft projects (we need mittens damnit!), cooking (soups and pies) and spending time together.

A certain someone turned 2 yesterday. I've left the laundry to pile up and the sink full of dishes in order to spend time with dear friends--both close by and further away.

My kids love books as much as I do.

1 comment:

Emily said...

What a beautiful family you have Jes! I love following your blog. it makes me feel like I'm talking to you (or listening to you). Your house looks stunning. I can't wait to come visit soon. Thanks again for being such a great friend Jessi. I love you! Em